Skip to main content

Featured

eBook – The Empire Striketh Back

eBook –  The Empire Striketh Back Full title :  William Shakespeare's The Empire Striketh Back By : Ian Doescher  Iillustrations :  Nicolas Delort Score : 9/10 Year : 2014 Publisher : Quirk Books  eISBN :  978-1-59474-716-8 Based on  978-1-59474-715-1 (hard cover) Pages : 176 *  Language : English From Goodreads : Hot on the heels of the New York Times best seller William Shakespeare’s Star Wars comes the next two installments of the original trilogy: William Shakespeare’s The Empire Striketh Back  (and not reviewed as yet,  William Shakespeare’s The Jedi Doth Return.) Return to the star-crossed galaxy far, far away as the brooding young hero, a power-mad emperor, and their jesting droids match wits, struggle for power, and soliloquize in elegant and impeccable iambic pentameter. Illustrated with beautiful black-and-white Elizabethan-style artwork, these two plays offer essential reading for all ages. Something Wookiee this way comes!  *** As he explains at the end, Ian Doescher

Movie - the Big Lebowski

Movie – the Big Lebowski
Score : -/10
Year : 1998
Directors: the Coen brothers (Ethan & Joel)

Country : USA
Language : English
Duration: 1h26


I didn't care for this movie at all. It has too many toilet jokes, a big huge number of F word & other bad lungage. A man bites someone else's nose off... and a whole bunch of other stuff i really hated. Didn't enjoy this ''comedy' at all.

score ? on the minus, so much this was horrible for me. I don't even want to post the poster image...

Comments

  1. Oh! I do not believe you have seen this film! 0.0
    When he got out, he made a lot of noise, good reviews .... (good although I am wary now 0.0 Critical sure!)
    I love comedies very much, I love to laugh. I told myself, seeing that this film was a comedy, it would be nice to see it ... I saw the trailer : it cooled me ... and more in the trailer I hated the passage with the ferret. ( that is very clever ! irony) I decided not to see, and the level of jokes were often around the toilet .... more when I heard that there were excessive violence, I even not look further. I thought, yeah ok next!
    I have not even seen this movie and yet I am disappointed! lol maybe because I expected this film to be a good movie I can watch quietly with good giggles ....
    I just read your post, describing the scene of the nose .... well I was right not to watch it! I think it's just a turnip ....
    You saw it in full?
    Your post really made me smile! even note and displays this film is so low! :)
    Finally, the hate of this fim is growing up inside me ! ^^' This is what I think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, unfortunately, I wasted a chunk of my life watching this entire dribble... I should've stayed away from it... as I usually do with the Cohen brothers... they really like movies with a billion F words and WC jokes...

    ReplyDelete
  4. ah, this very unpleasant feeling when a film gives us that feeling ..... urk ! :( I understand you...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Indeed! I hate thinking I've wasted my time as I could've done something else, much more rewarding

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment