Skip to main content

Featured

eBook – The Empire Striketh Back

eBook –  The Empire Striketh Back Full title :  William Shakespeare's The Empire Striketh Back By : Ian Doescher  Iillustrations :  Nicolas Delort Score : 9/10 Year : 2014 Publisher : Quirk Books  eISBN :  978-1-59474-716-8 Based on  978-1-59474-715-1 (hard cover) Pages : 176 *  Language : English From Goodreads : Hot on the heels of the New York Times best seller William Shakespeare’s Star Wars comes the next two installments of the original trilogy: William Shakespeare’s The Empire Striketh Back  (and not reviewed as yet,  William Shakespeare’s The Jedi Doth Return.) Return to the star-crossed galaxy far, far away as the brooding young hero, a power-mad emperor, and their jesting droids match wits, struggle for power, and soliloquize in elegant and impeccable iambic pentameter. Illustrated with beautiful black-and-white Elizabethan-style artwork, these two plays offer essential reading for all ages. Something Wookiee this way comes!  *** As he explains at the end, Ian Doescher

Star Trek Reboot (0)



A few years ago, I had read about this project to revamp and reboot Star Trek. When I saw that it was JJ Abrams who was in charge of this project, I turned livid : I had previously tried to watch his show Alias which I had stopped because It was far too graphic for me, and its episodes were more and more ridiculously unbelievable. 

Later on, my wife had started watching his Lost, and stopped because that show also became ridiculous and never answered any of the questions that she was waiting for since the end of season 1. She complained about it to me on numerous occasions, and she didn't even bother to finish it. 

So, when I saw that JJ was going to make Star Trek, I thought he'd simply massacre the show, it's spirit, it's core values, and bring really unbelievable and ridiculous plots. 

I hadn't gone to the cinema to watch the first reboot - back in 2009, I wasn't ready to face them anyways. 

2013 arrived, and the second reboot was coming. 
My wife had read positive reviews about the first, and so I finally caved in and borrowed the dvd from our library - not hoping much, and actually supposing that I'd hate and stop it before the end.

I was agreeably surprised with the first movie, and went on to watch Into Darkness in our local theater and loved it immensely. 

I subsequently bought the US bluray boxset for these two movies, and now finally went to see the third installment which is the weakest link in the reboot... 

Stay tuned, for I shall post their own reviews, soon. 

Comments