Skip to main content

Featured

eBook – The Empire Striketh Back

eBook –  The Empire Striketh Back Full title :  William Shakespeare's The Empire Striketh Back By : Ian Doescher  Iillustrations :  Nicolas Delort Score : 9/10 Year : 2014 Publisher : Quirk Books  eISBN :  978-1-59474-716-8 Based on  978-1-59474-715-1 (hard cover) Pages : 176 *  Language : English From Goodreads : Hot on the heels of the New York Times best seller William Shakespeare’s Star Wars comes the next two installments of the original trilogy: William Shakespeare’s The Empire Striketh Back  (and not reviewed as yet,  William Shakespeare’s The Jedi Doth Return.) Return to the star-crossed galaxy far, far away as the brooding young hero, a power-mad emperor, and their jesting droids match wits, struggle for power, and soliloquize in elegant and impeccable iambic pentameter. Illustrated with beautiful black-and-white Elizabethan-style artwork, these two plays offer essential reading for all ages. Something Wookiee this way comes!  *** As he explains at the end, Ian Doescher

December... To Be Read/Watched



It seems that whatever reading & watching material I want to achieve have been delayed these past 2 months. 


Indeed, as November & October have been busier than I'd anticipated, I had to postpone some of the books I intended, and didn't even watch some of the dvds from the library. 

I just finished reading to kill a mockingbird a couple days ago...



& shall watch today it's movie adaptation, that I borrowed from the library. The French title is ridiculous Silence and shadows... really, France ?? (review)


As we are re-watching Star Trek Deep Space 9 (my 28th time already!) we'll continue in season 2, episode 18 (Profit & Loss) onward throughout the month, during which we'll also have an exceptional session of 2001 a space Odyssey (7th), and the next Star Wars movie (on or around 17th) and our yearly It's a wonderful life on 24th or 25th, depending on meal plans with my family.

Also, we hope to invite a friend or two, and re-watch The dark crystal, but it has to be determined.

I'm very late for my goodreads challenge, as I finished 24 books (but since one book was 3 novels, I may count it as 26), and thus, this month my goal is to try reading shorter fictions, up to 4 or 6 as much as possible.

I borrowed 2 books which will help my task










 I shall update this entry once I have more details or books ! 

Comments